1) Telangana State Health department has signed a memorandum of understanding with the National Health Authority (NHA) for the implementation of Ayushman Bharat (Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana) scheme in the State.
Telangana :-CM – Kalvakuntla Chandrashekhar Rao
Governor of Telangana – Tamilisai Soundararajan (First Women Governor of Telangana)
Amrabad Tiger Reserve
Kawal Tiger Reserve
National Health Authority:-
2) The India Meteorological Department (IMD) said the deep depression over the Bay of Bengal has intensified into cyclonic storm ‘Yaas’ and is likely to cross the Odisha-West Bengal coasts on May 26 after turning into a very severe cyclonic storm.
Indian Meteorological Department :-
Headquarters – New Delhi
Director General of Meteorology – Dr. Mrutyunjay Mohapatra
Founder – Government of India
Founded – 1875
3) Incumbent Narinder Batra of India was re-elected as the International Hockey Federation (FIH) President for a second term after beating Marc Coudron of Belgium by a slender margin of just two votes during the world body’s virtual 47th Congress.
Batra, who is the also the President of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) and an International Olympic Committee (IOC) member, barely managed to pip Coudron, who is the chief of Belgium Hockey Federation and sits on the country’s Olympic panel.
International Hockey Federation (FIH) :-
Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
CEO: Thierry Weil
Founded: 7 January 1924, Paris, France
4) A virtually unknown treefrog with known traits such as changing skin shade and whipping up foam to protect its eggs has resurfaced in India after 108 years.
The only previous record of this treefrog in India was south of Arunachal Pradesh’s Tenga Valley in 1912.
5) Tech-giant Microsoft has decided to retire its iconic Internet Explorer (IE) browser, with effect from 15 June 2022, after more than 25 years of its launch.
Microsoft recommends its users shift to Microsoft Edge (2015) before June 15, 2022, for a faster, more secure and more modern browsing experience.
6) Airline major IndiGo announced that it has selected CFM International ‘LEAP-1A’ engines to power its fleet of 310 new Airbus family of aircraft which will be delivered from 2023 onwards.
7) Music director Vijay Patil, popularly known as the Laxman of Raam-Laxman duo, passed away.
Patil earned fame for providing music to comic Dada Kondke’s Marathi films and Hindi movies like ‘Hum Aapke Hai Kaun’ and ‘Maine Pyar Kiya’. Patil, born and brought up in Nagpur, started as a singer and instrumentalist in city’s popular orchestra groups.
8) Karnataka stands at first place when it comes to establishing health and wellness centres (HWC) under the Ayushman Bharat programme to provide comprehensive primary health care in rural areas.
CM :- Bookanakere Siddalingappa Yediyurappa
Governor :- Vajubhai Vala
Formation :- 1 November 1956
Language :- Kannada
Port :- New Mangalore Port
9) Atletico Madrid was crowned La Liga 2020-21 champions of Spain on 22 May 2021.
Atletico topped the table with 86 points, two points more than second-placed Real Madrid.
10) HSBC India has launched digital banking solutions for its corporate customers.
HSBC SmartServe and HSBC IntelliSign are first-of-its-kind digital solutions aimed at ensuring a quick, secure and seamless on-boarding process for corporate clients.
11) The Bombay High Court on 21 May 2021 allowed a woman to terminate her 24-week pregnancy following the recommendation of a JJ Hospital panel.
The plea was filed by the woman, pregnant with triplets, seeking permission to abort her pregnancy because only one fetus was healthy.
Praveen Sharma, [25.05.21 11:35]
12) The Government has extended the due date of filing ITR for Assessment Year 2021-22 for individuals by two months till September 30. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) also extended the ITR filing deadline for companies by a month till November 30.
13) Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur flagged off 11 vehicles containing home isolation kits for COVID-19 patients under home isolation.
The home isolation kits contain ‘chawan prash’, ‘kaada’, protective masks, hand sanitisers, medicines, CM’s message, among others.
Himachal Pradesh :-
CM :- Jai Ram Thakur
Governor :- Bandaru Dattatreya
Kinnaura tribe , Lahaule Tribe, Gaddi Tribe and Gujjar Tribe
Sankat Mochan Temple.
Tara Devi Temple
Great Himalayan National Park
Pin Valley National Park
Simbalbara National Park
Inderkilla National Park
14) INS Rajput was decommissioned after 41 years of glorious service to the nation on May 21.
The national flag, the naval ensign, and the decommissioning pennant were lowered during the sunset ceremony on May 21.
INS Rajput was lead ship of Kashin-class destroyers built by erstwhile USSR.
Ministry of Defence :-
Headquarters – New Delhi
Founded – 15 August 1947
Chief of Defence Staff (CDS):- General Bipin Rawat
Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) :- General Manoj Mukund Naravane
Chief of the Navy Staff – Admiral Karambir Singh
Chief Of The Air Force Staff – Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria
15) Singapore authorities have provisionally approved a Covid-19 breathalyser test that aims to show whether someone is infected with the coronavirus in under a minute.
Breathonix, a spin-off company from the National University of Singapore (NUS), said it was now working with the health ministry to run a deployment trial of the technology at one of the city-state’s border points with Malaysia.
16) Corona patients in Jharkhand can book hospital beds online through ‘Amrit Vahini’ App launched by Jharkhand CM Hemant Soren.
Soren also launched ‘Chatboat’ through which one may also get all information related to coronavirus.
Through the ‘Amrit Vahini’ App, the state government would be able to provide better facilities for the people infected with coronavirus.